Sunday, October 24, 2010
Tomorrow the pinup screens are moved into the exhibition space for Imagine!! I am looking forward to getting all the art work up. It will be one big task but have lots of great helpers. Photos will be posted asap.
Monday, October 18, 2010
The 2010 Art Blast exhibition is up and fantastic. The four day art display represents the best art from 30 plus schools in our district.From preschool to year 12 the variety and creativity displayed is awesome. Our school has been involved for 11 years now and I am proud to say we continue to shine. It is a result of our students having visual arts taught by a specialist from preschool ( 5 yrs). With a rich arts focus in our school it enriches the total learning experience our children are given . I will put up photos in a couple of days after we have our Professional development based on the art exhibition. It is a bit of a show and tell session. And we learn so much from each other. I always come away inspired.
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
All my Blogger friends - you are welcome to have a look at my schools Visual Art Silent Auction art works which the students and I have been working on for three months. I finally finished the last mounting and framing today. The display is all set up in the front office at school. I have just finished posting all the art works on the school Exhibition blog site
Imagine is the exhibition name.
Here is the link to the blog site -
There a re lots of ideas and new techniques .
The auction is only for our school community.
Sunday, October 3, 2010
I recently uploaded an Image of my 3d bird houses. I was also due to upload the 2d images-forgot too so will do that when I retake the photos after having problems with my camera. I have to acknowledge Patty from Deep Space Sparkle for the inspiration. I also found these absolutely cute cardboard ones on the Fem Manuales blog . Scroll down quite a bit to locate them.
So I have to say these were such a great project for the little ones- Years 1/2 .
I used thin cardboard that was inside the middle of the calendars my friend gave me. We then drew the shape of the bird house in Black permanent marker and painted them with pastel shades of acrylic paint. We then embellished them with gold and silver paint and retouched up with the black pens. To finish we cut them out( some littles found come parts of the cutting out difficult)
I intend to display them like Cristina on a large tree shape painted white on black paper.
We also made the
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
I love blogging but does any one know how to have the links with pics and have them move up the links list when they are just updated. It would save me so much time. I am sure someone out there knows how.
Its the Year of the Tiger-and although it is drawing to a close , I thought it was time to show off a few examples of the Year 7's multimedia art works based on Franz Marc's amazing art work. Franz Marc artistic legacy is formidable despite his life being cut cruelly short with his death in World War I. My students began by drawing tigers and then simplifying them into sharp angles with a ruler. This design was then transferred into a collograph printing block. The outline shape was then transferred onto the background. That area was painted in yellow or orange with tempera block paint. The rest of the background was drawn up using a ruler to create a landscape. The students then used a combination of warm / cool colours. The students then printed their tigers using a black ink. To complete the artwork black crayon was applied to outline the background shapes and apply tone.
After visiting a very large private school exhibition I was inspired to create these ceramic cats with my year 2/3's. The Owl and the Pussy Cat was the idea. You have already seen the owls so here are the cats. The heads are made with a small ball of clay (golf ball size). The body is made from a slightly larger ball of clay . Push thumb into ball of clay and gently squeeze it down around the thumb to shape body. Join on head with water or slip. Use a large skewer to slightly hollow out the inside of the head. Shape ears and nose. . Draw on nose and whiskers. Roll tiny balls of clay for eyes. We made small sockets first . Join eyes onto head with water. Roll a small tail and attach. I used a phillips head screw driver to texture the body. We did not bother with creating legs. After firing we painted the cats with a watered down acrylic paint. We used cobalt blue. Experiment with the dilution to get the desired result. The thinner it is the more translucent in appearance. I have used an aquamarine colour previously to create a celadon effect. Allow to dry and spray with a clear gloss varnish. I could also imagine this would be perfect for creating the gorgeous Egyptian Hippopotamus.